Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Time for more stories! Since it's now been over a YEAR since I posted the last ones.....enjoy.

Poem that "C" wrote for Miss Meredith for Valentine's Day:
"Rosis are red
Vilits are blue
Its febuare you ho!"
(translation: "it's february, yoo-hoo!")


Picture this: Meredith and I are on the playground, watching "D" (a VERY odd, yet strangely charming boy, notorious for being in his own world) play with Max. We can't for the life of us figure out what they're playing. "D" jumps off the bottom of the slide, which is a big no-no. I call him down to where we're sitting and proceed to explain what is dangerous about jumping off the slide. He seems to be completely focused on what I'm saying, and is even nodding as I speak! I'm pumped, because my communication skills are clearly exemplary. All of a sudden, "D" looks over my shoulder and screams,

"MAX! Get the van ready!"

Huh? I'm more boring than I thought.



It's Halloween, and I'm going around the circle at circle time asking each child what he/she will be for Halloween. When I get to JL, she proudly announces she will be "Fatso Raven" for Halloween. I was stunned...then I realized she meant Raven from the TV show "That's So Raven". I love my job.



KL: "Miss Leah, are you wearing panties?"
me: "Um....yes?"
KL: "I knew it! Did you know girls have to wear panties to cover up their 'baginas'? And boys have to wear underwear to cover up their 'peanuts'."



Me: "'Z', are you feeling okay? Haven't you been to the bathroom 3 times since lunch?"
"Z": "No, I'm not okay. My bottom hurts."
me: (hesitantly) "What do you think the problem is?"
"Z": "I think it's because my shooey was too big."

wow.


"I" (walking behind Miss Jessica in line): "I like the way your bottom walks, Miss Jessica."



Answers from a "Finish the Saying" activity we did at the end of the year...

*Better to be safe than.....
"Hatee" (Haiti) - OS
"keld" (killed) - JH

*Children should be seen and not....
"takin away" - JC
"be bad" - EJ
"stolen" - EB

*Good news travels...
"hom" (home) - MJR

*The grass is always greener...
"at sprang" (at spring) - jC
"beesid the wotr" (beside the water) - KL
"on land" - EJ
"on the grnd" (ground) - KL

*Look before you...
"kos the sret" (cross the street) - KL
"speek" (speak) - EB
"run" - LJ
"shit somwun" (I believe this is HIT someone...) - KL

*You can pick your friends but you can't pick your...
"has" (house) -KL
"skin" - LJ
"famley" (family) - jC
"dad" -JH
"nos" (nose) - EB

*There is no place like...
"yor horrt" (your heart) -EB
"the zoo" - DT
"paytim pzza" (Playtime Pizza) - BB

*If at first you don't succeed...
"yow kwit" (you quit) -KL
"you git a tim owt" (you get a time out) - BB
"you can tri agen" (you can try again) -JC
"gev up" (give up) -JH

*A bird in the hand is...
"a daddy bird" (?) - JC
"a brd hend" (a bird hand) - EB
"fune" (funny) - CM
"nis" (nice) - DT
"poop" - OS
"dead" - EB
"dzeziz" (diseases!) - BB

4 comments:

  1. I thought "C"'s Valentine's Day poem was calling Miss Meredith a ho. =) Yoo-hoo is much nicer. I really do love little kid stories. As Spencer would say (with his hand signs), "More! More! Peeeese....[Please!]"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, Leah! GREAT post-love your blog! Seriously, I hurt myself laughing ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! Thank you for sharing!!! I'm sure as the school year is starting now, you will have a wealth of stories to share! Please continue! You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, seriously, PLEASE post more of these! Tears stream down my face as I laugh hysterically! Wish I could be a fly on the wall and watch you teach - think I'd learn a lot from you!

    ReplyDelete